National Doctors’ Day 2022: India celebrates this day to acknowledge the hard work of the medical staff, who work tirelessly to save millions of lives.
National Doctors’ Day 2022: National Doctors’ Day is celebrated every year on July 1 by the Indian Medical Association (IMA) to admire the hard work and determination of doctors. India celebrates this day to acknowledge the hard work of the medical staff, who work tirelessly to save millions of lives. Even during this time of Covid-19 induced pandemic, they worked 24×7 to ensure the well-being of others.
National Doctors’ Day 2022 History
The Central Government started celebrating National Doctors’ Day in the year 1991. This day also marks the death anniversary of a great doctor.
In fact, on July 1, the great Indian doctor Bidhan Chandra Roy was born. In his memory, this day is celebrated as Doctor’s Day. Dr. Bidhanchandra Roy was a great doctor. He was also the second Chief Minister of West Bengal.
Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy had entered politics at the behest of Mahatma Gandhi. He was also a great social worker, agitator and a good politician. He took part in the non-cooperation movement during independence. Some knew him as the doctor of Mahatma Gandhi and Chacha Nehru. Read Also: 1mg Best Health App to shop for Medicines
Bidhanchandra Roy was a great doctor
Dr. Bidhanchandra Roy was born on 1 July 1882 in Khazanchi, Patna, Bihar. Bidhanchandra was a brilliant student. He got his early education from India and higher education from England. Moreover, He started his career as a doctor from Sealdah. As well as He played the responsibility of a hardworking and smart doctor in a government hospital.
National Doctors’ Day 2022 Theme
The theme of this year’s National Doctors’ Day is ‘Family Doctor on the Front Line’. The theme recognises the hard work of the doctors amid the difficult time of COVID 19. Read Also: eSanjeevaniOPD App is the National Teleconsultation Service
National Doctor’s Day is celebrated to mark the role of doctors in society. Doctors work tirelessly just to ensure that the patients remain in good health. This day is a great way to thank the healthcare staff for their dedication and hard work.
10 inspirational Doctor Quotes On National Doctors’ Day
1. “The best doctor gives the least medicines.”- Benjamin Franklin
2. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.”— Albert Einstein
3. Medicine cure diseases but only doctors can cure patients.”- Carl Jung
4. “Always remember the privilege it is to be a physician.” ― Daniel P. Logan
5. “Drugs are not always necessary. Belief in recovery always is.” —Norman Cousins
6. “A doctor is not a mechanic. A car doesn’t react with a mechanic, but a human being does.” —Randa Haines
7. “In nothing do men more nearly approach the gods than in giving health to men.”― Cicero
8. “People pay the doctor for his trouble; for his kindness they still remain in his debt.”― Seneca
9. “The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”— Voltaire
10. “You [future doctors] are off to an amazing, rewarding and exciting life.”― Major W. Bradshaw. Read Also: Monkeypox Virus Infection, Symptoms, Precautions, Cause, Treatment
National Doctors’ Day FAQs
When is National Doctors’ Day celebrated in India?
Every year, July 1 is observed as National Doctors’ Day in India.
Why does India observe National Doctors’ Day on July 1?
Thats Day on July 1 recognises the contribution of former Chief Minister of Bengal Dr BC Roy. July 1 is his birth and death anniversary.
This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Irisdigitals does not claim responsibility for this information.